3 Monitors for portrait eyefinity

Datcu Alexandru

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
I am quite lost in this regard. At first i was put off by multimonitor displays cause of the edges but after seeing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovm7XBtaQAM i changed my mind.

Can anyone give me some advice on what monitors to get for such a setup? all the ones i seem to find have large edges not like the ones in the video. Also any advice on stands for the monitors etc ?

If possible i would like 3 examples ( a cheap version, an ok version, and a good [not godly] version).

The card i will get will be a Sapphire Radeon HD7970 6GB DDR5 384bit VaporX GHZ.

Also if by chance you can give me some examples from my country even better(Romania) but for a good/cheap setup i am not opposed to buying online from other countries.

EDIT: It seems that most multimonitor setups do recommend 2 graphics cards. For this i thought about 2 x Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 3GB DDR5 384bit. My mobo has the support and space thankfully but i am curios if my PSU can take it. Currently have:Seasonic SS-650HT 650W bulk 80+ Bronze. The rest of the setup is Corsair Vengeance 16GB Kit 2x8GB DDR3 1866MHz, AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz 8-core Socket AM3+ Box, and a gigabyte 970a-ud3 rev 1.2 mobo.

The PSU recommended for 7950 is a 500W one. would the extra 150 be enough for the second one?

The best bet would be to google and find the monitors you really like. Read the reviews and really look the monitors over.

One thing to consider if you are really going to get into a Eyefinity setup for gaming you will wand to consider a Crossfire setup as a single card is not going to cut it for good frame rate with high-max settings. Another thing I found out once you get use to the setup you will not even really notice the bezel anymore. I know my Asus 27' monitors have a big bezel but I do not even notice them anymore. But then again when I got into Eyefinity/Surround there was not a lot of choice at that time.

Datcu Alexandru

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013

The card above wouldn't be able to handle 3 monitors? Most setups ive seen recommended said to have at least 2gb of vram. this has 6. the next best thing 7990 was even used on 3 4k monitors with decent success. Or is this a matter of having 2 pyisical cards and not a card performance problem?