Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

A World Wide Web Browser, such as Microsoft Interet Explorer, is required to use this feature.

Tags:
  • Internet Explorer
  • Windows 7
  • Web Browser
Last response: in Windows 7
October 1, 2013 9:23:51 AM

I am on FP 2003, IE 10, and Window 7. When I access FP using TOOLS/SERVER/PERMISSIONS. I get this message. I have IE as my web default browser. I had FireFox installed, but deleted it out. I was running for 2 years and just recently, this problem has occurred. Can someone help?! The website is owned by non-profit association and does not have money to buy new software.

More about : world wide web browser microsoft interet explorer required feature

a c 995 $ Windows 7
October 1, 2013 1:39:02 PM

FrontPage is an old application that's no longer supported, and due to it's age it's unable to recognise newer versions of IE.
I'm guessing you've updated IE from the version which ships with Windows 7 (IE8).

If you roll back to IE8 you shouldn't have that problem.

To roll back to IE8 you'll need to uninstall the IE updates (IE10 and/or IE9, depending on how many times you've updated it).

Control Panel > Programs & Features.
Click "View installed updates" in the left panel.
Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 10 (or 9).
Right-click >> Uninstall.

a c 282 $ Windows 7
October 1, 2013 2:39:04 PM

There's a special place in Hell for Frontpage. It's not standards compliant, and generates some of the worst HTML imaginable. Dump it as fast as you can.

Here's just a handful of free editors (note: I have no personal experience with any of them): http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-html-editor.h...
October 4, 2013 10:22:45 AM

Phillip Corcoran said:
FrontPage is an old application that's no longer supported, and due to it's age it's unable to recognise newer versions of IE.
I'm guessing you've updated IE from the version which ships with Windows 7 (IE8).

If you roll back to IE8 you shouldn't have that problem.

To roll back to IE8 you'll need to uninstall the IE updates (IE10 and/or IE9, depending on how many times you've updated it).

Control Panel > Programs & Features.
Click "View installed updates" in the left panel.
Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 10 (or 9).
Right-click >> Uninstall.

October 4, 2013 10:24:51 AM

Thank you for response. I rolled back to IE9 and it allowed me to access the TOOLS option without getting the message.