Single player vs Multiplayer? Your thoughts?

Sp v Mp

• Single Player

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Multiplayer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Hey guys, I just built a gaming pc (woot woot) and i have been playing a lot of games lately. Both SP and MP SP = (bioshock, bioshock 2, dishonored, etc...) MP = (dota 2, tf2, etc...). I would like to here your input on which do you prefer? Sp or Mp? I personally prefer sp. I feel that you can emotionally connect with the characters and there is much more detail in the game. While in Mp I tend to suffer from connection issues or rude hurtful people. (not saying everyone is rude or hurtful). So what is your take on it?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I prefer SP because I'm too old to enjoy playing army. Or 'tag with guns'. Like you, I enjoy a well written SP game with a good story and good graphics. I'm hoping I'm still alive when HL3 is released and it hasn't been ruined with co-op play or something.

Multiplayer in some games, single in the other. Games like Starcraft 2, planetside 2, Killing Floor, borderlands, and any really multiplayer FPS is obviously better online. Some games are better single however. It really comes down to what you like to play. FPS, RTS, MOBA, and games like that are fun. Games like dishonored though are greatly fun but only the single. It varies on game to game. Starcraft 2 is probably my all time favorite game with terraria close behind. Both are great single player, but the multiplayer makes it better for me. I do enjoy me some portal and Farcry single player though.

G

Valid point.

G

I'm sort of on the younger side of people who roam around on these forums (13). So I have only got to play so many games, but I to hope the half life series isn't ruined because I plan on playing it!

venjhammet

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I used to enjoy playing MP but when hackers and cheaters starting to fill in it's no enjoyment anymore. Nowadays I tend to play SP games more often and doing some modding stuff which I enjoy most.