No comments showing

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
Dont know if it is just me or not, but I am getting absolutely no comments showing in articles or news. They simple dont load, doesnt even show the "add comment" box. I can however see them in forum threads, though the posting window doesnt look normal. Squished up and weird. Using IE 8 (probably part of the issue) on a win 7 soe, just in case that helps.

Additional note: site normally displays fine, changed within last few days.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Do you happen to have any extensions or plugins installed that could be preventing comments from showing? Do the comments show for you in another browser? Is there a loading icon indicating the comments should be loading, but don't, or just a blank area at the end of the article?

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
As it is a company soe laptop there arent any other browsers to use. How ever the page appears to load completely, as the status bar stops indicating anything is happening or downloading. The section where comments usually are, is just blank, more accurately, I cant scroll past the bottom of the article and the small space below it is just blank. No addons that I can think would block anything, just spell checkers, shockwave players and WMP. Nothing that has been added or changed since the comments last worked anyways.

sou_38130

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012

Hi there
could you give us any url, this will help for the investigation.
Thx

sou_38130

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
Hi
Thx for your reply.
I did the test with IE8 on Win7, I can see the comments and the postComment box as signed off, I can see them being sign in too.
Could you attach a screenshot it may help.
I wonder if all the JS are loaded, is your browser setting blocking the JS?

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
The comments have started appearing again, no idea what changed. The borwser doesnt say it is blocking anything, though seems as the the comments are showing now, I dont know if that has changed from when they werent. Either way, all back to normal, thanks for trying to address the issue guys =D