my fps in borderlands 2 drops the longer i play it

jwate2

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
ok so hear is my problem... my borderlands 2 games fps gets slower the more i play in one sechion. for example i spawn at dust next to elie i play around, do some quests the i go back to where i spawned and my fps is like 19-15 but when i first spawned and started playing it was 30-42 fps max.

and this drop is noticable within 30-40 min into playing the game

ok now dont get me started on ini tweeks for better performace ive done eveything and when i say everything i mean it. i do have a low end laptop i might add but i still should play borderlands 2. my laptop meets all of the minimum requirements.

this problem is gone when i restart the game though.. so i was wondering if it was the same problem i had with fallout new vegas and all i had to do to fix the problem was type PCB into the concole and it was fixed but borderlands 2 dosnt have this command.

is anyone able to help me?

fjaesbog

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
It's probably your graphic card that overheats which causes bad perfomance. A cooler might solve your problem. I guess that your laptop is pretty old?, and you should consider buying a new laptop/desktop PC. If that's not the case here, then go for a cooler. Try to update your drivers (if you haven't done that)

jwate2

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

well my drivers ect. are all up to date, my laptop is only about 3 years old, is there anyway to check my graphic cards heat?