Looking to upgrade my BenQ EW2420 Monitor. Suggestions?

Nico641

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
Hey guys.

I currently own a BenQ EW2420 24" Monitor. I've had this one ever since I built my gaming rig back in mid 2011 (Pretty much everything besides it have been upgraded). I've been happy until recently.

I've just bought a new 1080p TV since my old 720p one bit the dust.
I hooked up my PC to play some games on my couch and I was surprised at how good it looked. When I went back to hook it up on my PC I started to notice the blurriness that the monitor bears. It's having trouble displaying pure white and black and it's just ugly to look at in motion. I've tried fiddling with my monitor settings but it didn't really help. This monitor does not do my high-end rig justice. I've been looking through some monitors to buy but I don't really have any reliable feedback to fall back on.

TL;DR I need a new monitor, suited for gaming. I would like something able to display sharp images, bright colors and with little motion blur/ghosting. Budget-wise I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to spend, but I don't really think I'd want to spend more than $300 on it.

Hope some of you guys have some recommendations, thanks in advance!

Nico

Pete_the_Puma

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012

Nico641

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
Hey Pete,

I own a Gainward GTX 770 Phantom 2GB GDDR5 which I've just bought recently.. I don't think I really need 1440p since I'm perfectly fine with my TV resolution (and I don't want to respec everything again..). Since it's only got 2GB Vram I'm reluctant to try pushing my resolution even higher, especially with next-gen around the corner.

All I really need is a low-response time 1080p monitor that's viable for gaming, preferably at least 24"...

Don't...

Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first