Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

will an ati radeon 1gb ddr3 work as upgrade for integrated nvidia 9200, i have an acer aspire ax1301-u1312 amd athlon II x3 4g

Tags:
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 2, 2013 12:27:20 PM

graphics card upgrade question

More about : ati radeon 1gb ddr3 work upgrade integrated nvidia 9200 acer aspire ax1301 u1312 amd athlon

October 2, 2013 12:34:07 PM

clutchc said:
Yes, as long as it is a low profile card that is no wider than the expansion bay. I believe your Acer looks like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...


yes it does! but I can't seem to get the card to work...it tells me no signal when I put it in...could you suggest something I could do to make it work??

Related resources
October 2, 2013 12:43:56 PM

First thing to do is check in the BIOS at boot. Some older MBs require you to manually disable the on-board video and enable the PCIe video. Modern boards do that automatically.
1) What is the make/model of the card?
2) Are you connected to the monitor the same way you were with the on-board?
3) you didn't forget to move the video cable from the on-board to the new card, did you?
October 2, 2013 12:46:50 PM

clutchc said:
First thing to do is check in the BIOS at boot. Some older MBs require you to manually disable the on-board video and enable the PCIe video. Modern boards do that automatically.
1) What is the make/model of the card?
2) Are you connected to the monitor the same way you were with the on-board?
3) you didn't forget to move the video cable from the on-board to the new card, did you?


I actually don't know where to find the video cable, to exchange it. I know about how to run pc's but not how to fix or upgrade. could you help me??

October 2, 2013 12:57:06 PM

If I understand you correctly, you are saying you installed the gfx card but didn't move the cable from the integrated video port to the card's port? If that's the case, look on the back of the PC. The video cable will be the one coming from the monitor. Unplug it from the port it is plugged into now and plug it in to the similar port on the card. But do this with the PC off.
October 2, 2013 1:01:29 PM

clutchc said:
If I understand you correctly, you are saying you installed the gfx card but didn't move the cable from the integrated video port to the card's port? If that's the case, look on the back of the PC. The video cable will be the one coming from the monitor. Unplug it from the port it is plugged into now and plug it in to the similar port on the card. But do this with the PC off.


thank you, i'll give it a try.

October 2, 2013 1:58:48 PM

clutchc said:
If I understand you correctly, you are saying you installed the gfx card but didn't move the cable from the integrated video port to the card's port? If that's the case, look on the back of the PC. The video cable will be the one coming from the monitor. Unplug it from the port it is plugged into now and plug it in to the similar port on the card. But do this with the PC off.


thank you so much!!!! it is now working!
October 2, 2013 2:03:43 PM

Ain't it great! Enjoy.

Now don't forget to install the gfx driver and set your resolution to your monitor's default resolution if it isn't already.
October 2, 2013 3:46:03 PM

clutchc said:
Ain't it great! Enjoy.

Now don't forget to install the gfx driver and set your resolution to your monitor's default resolution if it isn't already.


I did, and again, I thank you!!!

!