Pc shut down during game

Ofrmax

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hi everyone, im new on the forum and i have a big issue with my Pc. Firts of all im not really good in english so sorry if i make some mistake. Second, im ont really good with computer but i read à lot on the internet . Ok now here my problem, i have a dell xps 9100 desktop computer i bouth 3 years ago . I format my computer and put window pro on it after a month of good usage, when i play game ( i only play cs:go) the computer shut down after 15 min of gaming. I monitored all the temp with hwinfo and the highest temp i get is from te gpu diode and its around 83 c. So i dont think its a temp issue. I would like you to tell me wich kind of test i could do to determine the problem. I eared that dell dont put good power supply could it be the problem ?

Edit: i have to wait at least 5 min before the Pc can reboot ( when i push the power button nothing happen )

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, Dell usually used good quality PSUs in their builds. But that doesn't mean it can't fail. Or that it isn't too small for any upgrades you may have done.

What size PSU is in your PC; 375W? What CPU and gfx card are you using?