Sign in with
Your question

what kind of computers does "graphic designers", needed in the line of work, Base on hard disk capacity, RAM size, and process

Last response: in CPUs
October 2, 2013 2:08:49 PM

I'm a student at ITT-Tech, here in Phoenix, AZ, Our Instructor gave us an Assignment about, research, or Interview Three different professions, and "graphic designer" is one of the list I have on my paper, To Describe what type of computer might be needed in that line of work, based on my judgements on, Hard Disk capacity, RAM size, and processor speeds, or even the number of processors
a c 535 à CPUs
October 2, 2013 3:30:09 PM

In general it will depend on what all they are doing and what software is used, graphics design can encompass a lot of things and different software, at a minimum I normally recommend Intel, a quad-core in a K model, entry level a 4670K for higher end graphics work that will utilize Hyper-Threading a 4770K - a good mobo capable of SLI (I prefer nVidia GPUs though AMD and XFire will work), 16GB to 32GB of fast DRAM preferably 2133 as a minimum, 2400 or better preferred, a good SSD of 256GB for the OS and apps, and 2 or more TB in a conventional or platter type HD, they will also want a good GPU, I would normally want to start with a nVidia 760 or better, a good PSU of 850 watts or better to allow for add ons, a good Case like the HAF line of cases with good cooling, normally a two monito setup with 24" or larger monitors
October 2, 2013 3:44:10 PM

christopherredbear said:
I'm a student at ITT-Tech, here in Phoenix, AZ, Our Instructor gave us an Assignment about, research, or Interview Three different professions, and "graphic designer" is one of the list I have on my paper, To Describe what type of computer might be needed in that line of work, based on my judgements on, Hard Disk capacity, RAM size, and processor speeds, or even the number of processors

The above recommendations are solid. If you want to be thorough in your paper, identify specific areas of graphic design, maybe 2-3, such as Web Design, Motion Graphics, Image Manipulation, etc and then specify the types of systems each might need in their line of work or find a good median that would suit them all (which the above recommendation almost certainly would). You'll impress your professor more by being specific rather than general.
!