Computer won't boot with new GPU Help!!

French91

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
I have a dell inspiron 620. Bought a Powercolor 6570. Stuck it in my PCI slot fits perfectly snug. Plug computer back in. All fans including GPU fan kicks on and orange light on motherboard is on. But that's as far as it goes. At this point if I push the power button one time real quick it powers off. It has a 300w psu and the dell people say that's more than enough to run this weak card.

I updated my bios (was 6 versions out of date lol)
Tried unplugging a stick of ram, and second fan (as to relieve a little power)
Tried uninstalling integrated graphics.
My bios has no option to enable the PCI slots. Supposed to be automatic

Everything I've read online I have tried. None of it worked. I am obviously really annoyed. I know it's not the best card but it is gona be fine for what I need it for. Seems nothing ever works in my favor when it comes to this stuff.

eatmypie

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Dell would steal your soul if someone offered them a nickel, but what you need to do is look at your 12v rail and tell me how many amps you have on a single or double 12v rail just look under 12v+ and also looking at the specs it says 400W min. I would be worried about that because dell power supply's are about as generic as they come ever since 2008, they used to build fairly decent psu's but now they use much cheaper capacitors and much lower grade components. the only other thing I would try is, try using the molex to 6 pin powercolor provided with your card and see if that works.