Best £50 mid tower PC case?

sir potato

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
I want a case that looks awesome and is actually good ( for cable management, can fit larger GPU's etc) I want to be spending around £50 and it would be a bonus if the case came with a few fans. I am in England so amazon.co.uk is a good place for cases.

Thanks for your time,
sir potato

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
First off that is an awesome name with an awesome picture (it really made me laugh). I would be more then glad to help, these are a couple of cases I would fully recommend:

My Recommendations (White Case):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Case: Thermaltake Commander MS/I Snow Edition (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£44.13 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £44.13
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-02 23:03 BST+0100)

or (For a black case):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case (£49.33 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £49.33
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-02 23:06 BST+0100)

Hope this helps at least a little bit, please feel free to contact me with any other questions or concerns. Also please remember to select your solution after you have your question answered, so that others may learn from your thread. Thank you for your time and questions. Have a good day.

sir potato

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

Thanks for your input! Out of the two I think I would go with the black zalman case but I will see if I get any other answers.

Anomandaris

Honorable
Jul 25, 2013
I would stay away from the Thermaltake Commander MS-I. I have the snow version (not that the colour matters). The build quality is poor, when removing the top front grills the plastic pins or whatever they are called that hold them in place and have to be pressed to remove broke. 2 out of 6 broke, with minimal pressure on them. I was extremely careful to exert as little force as possible to remove them because they looked flimsy from the start. In addition, the airflow is not so great and you will likely be unable to mount a top fan (the ram slots get in the way) unless it is one of the thin ones (12-15mm wide). The case fan is really loud and spins really fast even when it is not necessary (that is easily fixable, at least) and the case does not dampen noise at all.
In short: I would strongly advise you not to get the Commander MS-I, especially if you intend to overclock at all.

sir potato

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

Thanks for the heads up :D

TRENDING THREADS