gtx 760 hawk or 680 lightning?

AvergeJoe

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hey guys building my first computer. So i decided all the parts except the GPU.

Now my debate is between the MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card and the MSI GTX 680 Lighting.
You may be wondering why msi? Its cause i want my computer to be color themed as well. Both are black and yellow so i'm tending to stay away from other cards. (770 is too much)

The biggest difficulty is price. The 680 is $70 more then the 760 but has more performance and the 760 is just "better tech" card with it being "newer" ( i know its a silly point but i think it is a valid point xD )

I"m gaming with a 4770k and at 1080p at a 32inch monitor and plan to purchase BF4. I plan to stick with the 4770k because I will be doing video editing and graphic work as well.

What do you guys think would be a good purchase for the up coming years? The cheaper 760 or the beefier 680? Thx guys

Also these bench marks were released today for the BF4 beta to just give some context of my issue. https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/61740-bf4-beta-benchmarks-are-out/

Thx again.

shadow32

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
I always like to start with a budget, then expand it a little and go for something a little more expensive.

So in your case, I would get the more expensive one for future proofing, also with the twin frozer cooler, you can overclock it.