I recently moved out of my parents house and I'm having problems with the new internet connection. Both places have comcast cable. I have a rosewill RNX-MiniN2 adapter, and it worked great with the linksys E1200 router at my old house. The new house has a good ol' linksys WRT54G router. I can only get about 40kbps download speeds with it. Here's what we did:
1. Bought a new linksys EA2700 N600 router
2. Ran a 60-foot(ish) ethernet cable directly to the router (this worked, 22mbps download speeds)
3. Put my friends computer with a TP-Link TL-WN881ND adapter in my room; he had no problems with the connection
4. I bought a new TP-Link TL-WDN3800 adapter, and it works at first, but after a few minutes it goes back down to about 40kbps
5. I completely wiped my computer and re-installed windows 7. I still have a bad connection.
I've given up. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong with my computer? After a new adapter, a new router, and a clean install I'm out of ideas. Thank you for your help!