Help does this gpu work with this motherboard?

lostworld500

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hey just wondering if the Asus 650 ti boost 2gb will work with MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) because its pretty cheap, but poeple are saying if the card is a double pci then it wont fit... or i wont be able to use the pci express slot

Jaxem

Honorable
it will work with it just fine, but it's true that you won't be able to use the x1 (the little guy) slot as the cooler will cover it (i've never seen a single slot 650 ti Boost).

shadow32

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Like Jaxem said, it will fit, but the cooler on the video card will cover the 1x PCIE slot:

20050601.gif

The little one on the top is what we are referring to.

As long as you don't use anything there, or plan on to, you should be fine!

davy rockstar

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
the best you can do with them is to put sound cards, the ASUS xonar of my brother kicks ass and is PCIe X1, but as far as you arent audiophile go for the GPU

Jaxem

Honorable
The gpu is pcie, pci is the bottom, they're different, though they look very similar. Your mobo has built-in sound, so a card isn't too necessary unless you're really into that part of it. Wireless can be added through PCI or USB, and you shouldn't need a USB expansion card, so you should be just fine.

Jaxem

Honorable
The gpu slot (top) is pcie, pci is the bottom, they're different, though they look very similar. Your mobo has built-in sound, so a card isn't too necessary unless you're really into that part of it. Wireless can be added through PCI or USB, and you shouldn't need a USB expansion card, so you should be just fine.

TRENDING THREADS