Could I remove my "Trinity" A6-4400m and add a "Richland" processor onto this socket FR2 motherboard?

Tom Wall

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I have a budget laptop and I am curious if I would be able to buy a "Richland" type processor to replace the "Trinity" that is in it.

Are there any better processors that will fit in the socket FS1r2. I believe my processor the a6-4400m is socket FS1r2.....

Are there any "Richland" Apu's..or something else that would fit into a FS1r2 mobo without huge issues etc? Or is the mobo locked to only work with the Trinity processors?

Thank you so much for your help. Everyone has been awesome since I started asking questions here.

=Tom==

While the Richland APU will fit in the socket, the laptop's BIOS will likely not recognize it which means the laptop may not boot up.

The only solution is to install an updated BIOS from the manufacture. However, that generally only applies to desktops. You can go to the manufacturer's website and see if such a BIOS update exist, but I kinda doubt it. Still at worst you will only waste time searching their website.