Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Warcraft Movie to Arrive December 2015

Last response: in News comments
October 2, 2013 7:48:28 PM

I'm pretty excited that Duncan Jones is directing this, moon is among the top of the best sci-fi films ever made and source code was pretty good. I'm kind of worried about him handling such a big project, the budget is almost on Avatar level and I don't know if he will have the experience needed to handle such a big thing.
Score
October 2, 2013 8:35:14 PM

Snorecraft
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 2, 2013 8:54:07 PM

Hopefully it will focus on the life of an orc laborer who chops wood and often remarks "Zug Zug"u
Score
a b 4 Gaming
October 2, 2013 8:56:02 PM

I want to say:

TROLOLOLOLOLOL
Score
October 2, 2013 8:57:11 PM

I'd prefer if it was an original story. I already read The Last Guardian. I want something new!!!!!!!!
Score
October 2, 2013 9:05:44 PM

another game turned movie turned to garbage. DOOM anyone?
Score
October 2, 2013 9:34:52 PM

good god, doom was one of the worst movies ever
Score
October 2, 2013 10:26:10 PM

Not all movies based on a game are crap ! Think of .... uh ... or maybe .... eeerr ....
Well never mind.

Score
October 2, 2013 10:29:57 PM

Am I seriously he only person in exsistence that like Doom, it was a trashy action film but I grew up on staple diet of Bronson, Stallone and Norris. It is miles ahead of Twilight lol
Score
October 2, 2013 10:39:36 PM

jankeke said:
Not all movies based on a game are crap ! Think of .... uh ... or maybe .... eeerr ....
Well never mind.

final fantasy 7: advent children?
Score
October 2, 2013 11:03:30 PM

"human protagonist" ... not going to watch this movie.

Why not CGI? Check out the intro movies for Warhammer 40K Dawn of War, Warhammer Mark of Chaos, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, or just about any other MMO. They are amazing.

Urgh, and Star Wars ... no Truce of Bukara? No Courtship of Princess Leia? No Thrawn? HA! Let's make a kids movie. It better be all shiny like 1, 2 and 3, and have a character so annoying and stupid that only 4 year olds find interesting.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
October 2, 2013 11:14:21 PM

Warcraft 3 played well and had some of the best plot in the Warcraft Universe. A very epic story or even series could be made from just War3 content.

As in LORD OF THE RINGS kind of epic, or damn near close to it...

Holding serious thumbs for a good one here.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
October 3, 2013 1:25:22 AM

"The opportunity to do something like Warcraft is a once-in-a-lifetime thing.{...} - You got that right, cus if you screw up, noone will want to watch another movie you make in the fantasy world.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
October 3, 2013 3:50:10 AM

cypeq said:
Jonathan Marsh said:
"human protagonist" ... not going to watch this movie.

Why not CGI? Check out the intro movies for Warhammer 40K Dawn of War, Warhammer Mark of Chaos, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, or just about any other MMO. They are amazing.

Urgh, and Star Wars ... no Truce of Bukara? No Courtship of Princess Leia? No Thrawn? HA! Let's make a kids movie. It better be all shiny like 1, 2 and 3, and have a character so annoying and stupid that only 4 year olds find interesting.

This human may well be Arthas Menethil... protagonist of warcraft 3 ? Did you not play the game because of that ? I really hope they don't have silly idea other than retelling his story.

+1... Since his story was the most compelling in the game.
But then again, Illidan's story could be very interesting too... As in BEFORE his release.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
October 3, 2013 4:27:09 AM

I'd rather see a warhammer movie but I will watch this movie anyway.
Score
October 3, 2013 4:36:22 AM

I don't care much for this movie, though I still hope Uwe Boll doesn't touch it. No game deserves a movie directed by that guy.
Score
October 3, 2013 5:25:44 AM

Colin Farrell is the lead actor. That means automatic suckage.
Score
October 3, 2013 6:10:00 AM

Colin Farrell is the lead actor. That means automatic suckage.
Score
October 3, 2013 6:48:55 AM

This is going to be so bad.
Score
October 3, 2013 7:54:29 AM

Making a movie out of the WoTLK story line would make for a popular movie. Lots of great characters, drama, and motivations in it. That said, this franchise needs a huge blast of great story telling, because the last two expansions stunk.
Score
October 3, 2013 8:47:16 AM

Ive thought that blizzard should become a movie company for a while now. All of their cut scenes look great but the actual game play looks like ass compared to the cut scene. So just cut out the game portion of the game and run all the cut scenes and poof... movie.
Score
October 3, 2013 9:29:51 AM

Mr. Parrish, I'm not sure where you got the idea that Uwe Boll was ever going to direct the Warcraft movie, but it's not true. He contacted Blizzard and tried to acquire the rights to the film. Their response was: "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you...especially not to you." That was the extent of his involvement.
Score
October 3, 2013 10:31:06 AM

Since this is a video game movie it will most certainly suck. Given that, I kind of wish that Uwe Boll was directing it. At least his movies are in the so-bad-they're-good realm.
Score
October 4, 2013 8:23:25 AM

That's an interesting one.
Usually, movies made after games were bad...with very few exceptions (like Resident Evil 1 - this was good, but what followed was bad towards worse).
Score
October 7, 2013 1:48:20 AM

oh great like we really need another video game movie cross over ... I'll avoid this like a plauge considering the last 5 video game movies I've seen all blew chunks ... and that's NOT counting mr. Uwe Bowel's trash.
Score
October 7, 2013 1:56:19 AM

On that note , I'd like to say .. WoW sucks , if the game is baseing more off the small scale stuff of a few guys/gals then it will likely suck to. I still miss the real RTS warcraft series. Would rather see a movie about massive armies doing their thing than something that amounts to a LoTR clone with races that bassicly clone LoTR and DnD concepts. Would have liked to see a good DnD movie too .. but whoever made that DND movie managed to poop that one up already.
Score
!