Warcraft Movie to Arrive December 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I'm pretty excited that Duncan Jones is directing this, moon is among the top of the best sci-fi films ever made and source code was pretty good. I'm kind of worried about him handling such a big project, the budget is almost on Avatar level and I don't know if he will have the experience needed to handle such a big thing.

Teeroy32

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Am I seriously he only person in exsistence that like Doom, it was a trashy action film but I grew up on staple diet of Bronson, Stallone and Norris. It is miles ahead of Twilight lol

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012

final fantasy 7: advent children?

Jonathan Marsh

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
"human protagonist" ... not going to watch this movie.

Why not CGI? Check out the intro movies for Warhammer 40K Dawn of War, Warhammer Mark of Chaos, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, or just about any other MMO. They are amazing.

Urgh, and Star Wars ... no Truce of Bukara? No Courtship of Princess Leia? No Thrawn? HA! Let's make a kids movie. It better be all shiny like 1, 2 and 3, and have a character so annoying and stupid that only 4 year olds find interesting.

Warcraft 3 played well and had some of the best plot in the Warcraft Universe. A very epic story or even series could be made from just War3 content.

As in LORD OF THE RINGS kind of epic, or damn near close to it...

Holding serious thumbs for a good one here.

"The opportunity to do something like Warcraft is a once-in-a-lifetime thing.{...} - You got that right, cus if you screw up, noone will want to watch another movie you make in the fantasy world.

+1... Since his story was the most compelling in the game.
But then again, Illidan's story could be very interesting too... As in BEFORE his release.

1991ATServerTower

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
Making a movie out of the WoTLK story line would make for a popular movie. Lots of great characters, drama, and motivations in it. That said, this franchise needs a huge blast of great story telling, because the last two expansions stunk.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Ive thought that blizzard should become a movie company for a while now. All of their cut scenes look great but the actual game play looks like ass compared to the cut scene. So just cut out the game portion of the game and run all the cut scenes and poof... movie.

smeghead4269

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Mr. Parrish, I'm not sure where you got the idea that Uwe Boll was ever going to direct the Warcraft movie, but it's not true. He contacted Blizzard and tried to acquire the rights to the film. Their response was: "We will not sell the movie rights, not to you...especially not to you." That was the extent of his involvement.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Since this is a video game movie it will most certainly suck. Given that, I kind of wish that Uwe Boll was directing it. At least his movies are in the so-bad-they're-good realm.

BorgOvermind

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
That's an interesting one.
Usually, movies made after games were bad...with very few exceptions (like Resident Evil 1 - this was good, but what followed was bad towards worse).

Status
Not open for further replies.