Dell's Intros New Windows 8.1/Android Tablets, Ultrabooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
One of the interest product among this is the 8" Windows Pro tablet. Sure it is running on BayTrail, but consider it comes with IPS panel, Windows 8 Pro and USB port. Compare that to the Acer W3 or W4 tablet and you can see the profit margin Acer hopes to make should be quite high, or maybe Acer should have exclude Office from the product and lower the price. This tablet is priced like a netbook but can be run as a tablet.

It is also interesting to see the cheaper product, Venue 8, is $120 cheaper because it runs Android, has 16Gb less storage, and run the earlier generation of Atom CPU. Seems to me the Windows OS tax adds quite a bit to the cost. Imagine if Microsoft decides to embrace the new trend and offer the OS free or very cheap, then we will have W8 tablet at very very low cost comparable to Chromebook.

waynebriar10

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Another series of Android tablets to launch this week offer impressive performance and very competitive pricing -- as Ramos Technology has partnered with Intel to introduce the i-Series with 8", 9", 10" and 12" size models (ranging $189-$299); and all feature HD displays and Intel's new CloverTrail+ performance processor with Hyper-Threading technology which runs four threads simultaneously and outscores many current quad-core tablets in benchmark testing--

The most compact model is the Ramos i8 ($189) - which is the world’s thinnest 8" tablet... and that offers a very stylish and sleek design; along with the durability of an aluminum-nickel frame.

The new Ramos i8 compares to Dell's Venue 8 tablet, matching most features, including an Intel processor and 7.9" HD screen.

A key advantage to an 8-inch display is it's still compact and easy to carry, but compared to the more traditional 7" tablet size, offers 40% more screen area, which makes a significant difference to make viewing tablet content much easier.

One of the first U.S. sites with more details and photos on the new Ramos i-Series is-- Ta b l e t S p r i n t

waynebriar10

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
TabletSprint also offers a $25 Bonus Apps package with each tablet as well as free monthly 4G access with 500MB of data each month.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
@Deus Gladiorum:
Apple actually makes some of the best cost for product ultrabooks on the market.

You have to consider: quality build material, battery life over time, customer service and resale value.
If you do, you'll see Apple's laptops are some of the top choices for value.

Showing me a piece of crap plastic PC, that after 1.5 years has 1 hours of batter life, with zero customer service and re-sale value is 33% of original price, but I get to save $100-$200 now because its a PC with similar hardware isn't a very compelling argument.

And this is coming from someone who refuses a new Mac at work to use an old Samsung Windows 7 laptop. Even though I can bootcamp windows 7 and be fine, I just don't need an upgrade.

zaki_44

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
@wemakeourfuture

Unfortunately, many Apple products seem to have very poor repairability.

For me that's not 'quality build material'!

Dell tablets and laptops do seem to be a lot more easily repaired.

D3LTA09

Distinguished
May 19, 2008
Why does dell have to make their XPS 13 line look like a macbook air? Was hoping they would have changed it with the refresh. Why not some naked carbon fibre or something that doesnt look like another recycled product? Even if it just had the same black theme as the inside when the lid is open I would still look at buying one.

Status
Not open for further replies.