Compatibility Question New Gaming PC

Gratian Stefan

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
This is the PC i want to buy, it fits my budget perfectly. All i want to know is if there will be any compatibility issues ?

RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit
CPUAMD FX-8320 3.5GHz box
MotherboardAsus M5A97 EVO R2.0
PSUSuper Flower Golden Green SF-600P14XE(HX) 600W
CaseZalman Z3 Plus
HDDWD 1TB SATA-III 7200 rpm 64MB Caviar Blue
GPUGigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC WindForce 3X 2GB DDR5 256-bit

Jaxem

Honorable
No compatability issues, it should be a great machine. I would try to get a power supply from a better manufacturer though, xfx, seasonic, or corsair. A low quality PSU can (and is much more likely to) go out and fry all your other components when it does. Good build though :)

Super Flower is one of the best manufacturers out there, but they dont sell to the states and are mainly OEM, like FSP. I think they might be Chinese or Japanese. That specific model is 80 Plus Gold rated and has 49a on the 12V rail.

Jaxem

Honorable
Fair enough, i've never heard of them and i guess that's why...i figured if it was some no-name it wouldn't be any good. i stand corrected :)

btw, is there an easy way to tell what country/continent a forum member is in?

Usually you can just ask them lol :)

I'm from California, and I've only heard of Super Flower because they make some OEM power supplies for some companies. Reading up on a Tom's article, it seems they come from Asia.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-oem-manufacturer,2913.html

That's an interesting article if you want to read up on power supplies for a bit. Reading through it, it seems that Super Flower makes some power supplies for PC Power and Cooling, which are some of the best you can buy, and are literally top of the line. They also make some of Rosewill's.

Jaxem

Honorable

Wow, there's a lot in there, but really good info, thanks!

ruderger

Reputable
Mar 5, 2014

Hi Gratian Stefan, the Super Flower Golden Green SF-600P14XE(HX) 600W is really cheap, I have a Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti, it need 1x6 pin + 1x8 pin connectors, same as your GTX 760 I think, I haven't found anything that confirms exactly what PCI-E connectors are on this PSU, the Super Flower site (http://www.super-flower.com.tw/products_detail.php?class=2&sn=18&ID=109&lang=en) just says "SLi = one cable", and has a picture of 1x6+2 pin connector.
You haven't posted back here so I assume the PSU had the connectors you needed? Is it quiet?
Thanks - info for Super Flower HX PSUs is hard to find.

Edit for anyone else trying to research this PSU, it does have 2x6 pin and 2x6+2 pin connectors, it's pretty quiet too.