Why is one card much hotter than the other?

jsal3227

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
So i have 2 GTX 670s in SLI. I hae one monitor plugged to top card (this monitor i do my gamming from) the other monitor is plugged to bottom card (i do my browsing). My Bottom Card is at 32 Celsius and my top is 69. Why is my top one so much hotter than bottom one? Is it because im running a monitor from each card and only one (top) is doign all the work? any suggestions? i ahve upped my fan speed thats why im at 69 now i was at 78 lol

Thanks for any advice

Solution
I would assume the top card is much hotter because it has less airflow, and even that airflow is pre-heated by the bottom card. If you want to test if there's something wrong with either card, turn the computer off and switch the position of each card and check temperatures again.

sancco

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
I would assume the top card is much hotter because it has less airflow, and even that airflow is pre-heated by the bottom card. If you want to test if there's something wrong with either card, turn the computer off and switch the position of each card and check temperatures again.

Solution

jsal3227

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Thank u guys after messing with it for a few seconds i changed my monitor setup so they both run out of the top card this somehow made both cards help out a bit more and brought my cards both to 66 Celsius. I ramped up my Fan speed on cards to 63% and now im at 51 top and 46 bottom