Toshiba NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS or GTX ?

Hello,

I have Toshiba Satellite P100, which died after 7 years of faithful service (black screen of death).
I believe that this is due to the graphics card failure (NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS).

I know that this card is very dated but I still tried to find a replacement without success (Ebay etc.)

So my question is: Does anyone have or know where to get a working Toshiba NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS or GTX (or compatible)?

(Preferably in UK)

Thank you.
5 answers Last reply
More about toshiba nvidia geforce 7900 gtx
  1. Mortiss said:
    Hello,

I have Toshiba Satellite P100, which died after 7 years of faithful service (black screen of death).
    I believe that this is due to the graphics card failure (NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS).

I know that this card is very dated but I still tried to find a replacement without success (Ebay etc.)

So my question is: Does anyone have or know where to get a working Toshiba NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS or GTX (or compatible)?

(Preferably in UK)

Thank you.

Unless you are good with soldering, it is dead.
  2. The Q6660 Inside said:
    Mortiss said:
    Hello,

(Preferably in UK)

Thank you.

The card is detachable in this setup. I have disassembled the laptop and took it out. So all I need is a replacement board.
  3. Mortiss said:
    The Q6660 Inside said:
    Mortiss said:
    Hello,

(Preferably in UK)

Thank you.

The card is detachable in this setup. I have disassembled the laptop and took it out. So all I need is a replacement board.

Go for the GS. Save up for a new laptop if you can. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/nvidia-geforce-go-7900-gs
  4. The Q6660 Inside said:

Go for the GS. Save up for a new laptop if you can. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/nvidia-geforce-go-7900-gs

Unfortunately, these are all from Dell and have a different form factor (I probably would not be able to fit these in).

Of course, my question is a long shot, but it is worth a try and if I cant find that card I will get something new. This laptop was already relegated to youtube/email checking only anyway.
  5. Mortiss said:
    The Q6660 Inside said:

Unfortunately, these are all from Dell and have a different form factor (I probably would not be able to fit these in).

Of course, my question is a long shot, but it is worth a try and if I cant find that card I will get something new. This laptop was already relegated to youtube/email checking only anyway.

If so, you are screwed, could not find any Toshiba ones.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Toshiba Laptops Gtx Geforce Nvidia Go Graphics Cards