Compatibility Issue on some Components, First Build

EtherealShadow

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Hi, i am planning on assembling my first gaming rig, still a newbie on a lot of things, that's why I'm here asking these questions...

Mobo - MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X (2 x 4gb) DDR3 1866
CPU Cooler - CM Hyper 212X
RAM Cooler - G.Skill Turbulence II (Only one that's available in our location, and I like the Blue LED
would these components go along with each other without issues?
(I'm planning on using the OC Genie 4 of MSI, from what I read, correct me if I'm wrong, OC Genie OCs the RAM+CPU+GPU) would this cause an issue with the RAM that I chose?

And would a Seasonic x750W 80+ Gold be able to handle a 2 way SLI of MSI GTX 760 Hawk?

Other components:
CPU - i5 4670K
Accesories - NZXT LED Cable Kit
Case Fans - 3 CM LED Megaflow 200MM, 3 CM LED Sickleflow 120MM
Case - NZXT Phantom 530 White

Looking forward to your opinions and advices...
Save me the bashing guys, still new on this,

dottorrent

Honorable

I would step it up to a Seasonic X series 850w if I were you, especially if you're overclocking.

EtherealShadow

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

How about the compatibility issue that I raised, any comment about it?

Scoutdrago3

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Actually you can save yourself a lot of money. The RAM cooler is so unnecessary, websites like PCPartPicker and Tomshardware don't actually recognize RAM Coolers. Of course I am no expert so if you know otherwise then I am probably wrong.

EtherealShadow

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

The RAM cooler is there just for the looks and the lighting effect... I chose the G.Skill RAM + G.Skill RAM cooler than going for the Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer... I can hit 2 birds with 1 stone as they say... (1. Got the RAM. 2. Have the light of LED, the cooler part being a bonus)

Scoutdrago3

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013

Lol, I never thought of it that way :) I just bought separate LEDs with light control. If anyone wants, I can post the item here.

EtherealShadow

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

this is the question that i'm not getting any replies :( i hope someone does :)

Well have some patience and don't bump this thread or it will be deleted.

Scoutdrago3

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Ok, ask your self this:
-Do the LGA #s line up? (I mean the GPU and the MoBo, you did not provide these, the numbers are usually in the full title of the product)
-Does the case fit everything: All the parts fit, I checked.
-Do you have enough RAM? You have 8 GB which is just enough to play next-gen games, so you can choose if you wanna buy 3 4GB sticks
-Will the case have good ventilation? Yours has 3 fans which is pretty good.

So over all, just make sure the LGA #s line up and everything would be compatible. And the reason I put this as a checklist is that so you can refer to this whenever if you ever want to build a rig later on.
Good Luck c:

P.S. Check this site cause it will tell you if everything is compatible, and it will find the lowest prices for everything you need through out all computer hardware stores:
pcpartpicker.com

EtherealShadow

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

this message was long, but it didn't address my question straight on..
i didn't ask the compatibility of the GPU on the Mobo or on the CPU
I also didn't ask for fitting issues
Not even the sufficiency of RAM

what I'm asking here is the RAM on the Mobo, I'm trying to figure out if the 1866 G.Skill Ripjaws X (2 x 4gb) DDR3 would be an issue once I launch OC Genie of the MSI Mobo
cause if it will, I will opt to buy the 1600 G.Skill

Scoutdrago3

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Oh Lol, I pretty much just failed pretty badly then. I've heard from thread to thread that the 1600 becomes unstable and after intense usage it might force a reboot. So you might want to keep your RAM the way it is. But I've also heard that they both work, but I think you should just keep the RAM like how it is.
Good Luck :)

TRENDING THREADS