i5 CPU isn't working as expected

Medo227

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Hello, I bought a new Core i5-3570k from 2-3 months ago . I used to use Core 2 due e7500 in work , gaming , some photo editing , and extracting large sized files " Fullripped / Repacked games " . I didnt notice any significant improved performance by using i5 else in Win installing and Extra FPS " from 15-30 " . However when it comes with extracting I face a huge sluggish performance " ie installing repacked / ripped games " . When i check the CPU performance i find its usage is only 12-20% and using 3-4GB of ram instead of all 8gb , I'd like to know is that normal ? can i increase the CPU usage ? If its not normal then how to fix it ?

However i figured out a theory but im not sure about it . I know that the new CPUs support the new Turbo boost Tech which optimize the CPU frequency (( 1600 Mhz at normal )) depending on the type of processes currently running (( Correct me if im wrong )) , So that kind of extracting is read as a weak processing type so that the CPU uses only 20% of its power .

Thanks,

My full specs as follows ,

CPU : i5-3570k
Ram : 8 GB [[ 4 x 2 ]] 1600Mhz
HDD : Western D Blue Caviar 500GB 7200
Motherboard : ASRock z77 Extreme 3
GPU : HD 7770 x 2 (( Crossfire ))
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Power Supply : 500w Cooler master

So to sum up , I dont have problem with gaming , My only problem is when installing / Extracting big files the PC runs very slowly and when i check the CPU usage it is only 20% , so why doesn't it use 70% of its power for instance .

iblowuup

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
File transfers and related tasks are dependent on mainly two things: the CPU and the HDD. The hard drive has a much bigger impact on speeds however. If you want faster speeds I would advise getting an SSD.