Assemble a mid budget gaming RIG

gazzalizayn

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
Hi I am planning to assemble a PC for a mid budget gaming .Dont have a huge budget so i am just picking the cheap and decent ones. Reading reviews i have just created a list below. Please help me with reviewing my list below . not sure if i picked the right ones...

Processor : i5 3470 (or anyother in the same price level for gaming 3570k is kinda high price than this)
MOBO : asrock-h77-pro4-mvp-motherboard/ or any other Z77 Z87 around same price matching my rig( Is there a slot for SSD and HDD in this? I was planning z77 extreme 4 at first then decided why that if i dont OC?)

<< I dont OC , so it would be best for me to get the same gears with OC excluded , please suggest me with this scenario>>

RAM : G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) or Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R or any budget ones for my mid gaming rig? (Is Sniper up to any good)

<< i m also worried about the height of the RAM and does it affect the processor cooler? >>

PSU : Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU or any other?

SSD : OCZ agility or ADATA (i m completely zero in this one ...from the review OCZ is doing good .. suggest me some decent one - 120GB)

HDD : WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB Internal Hard Drive or any better at this price level

optical drive : Asus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner Internal Optical Drive

GPU : ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 AMP! Edition 2 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card or any suggestions (i dont play very high graphics ones .. my most played games are WoW , Dota , Guildwars , and few one person shooting games)

Processor cooler :Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler (i think this is the best , but hoping it doesnt affect other components in its placement)

CABINET : Cooler Master K281 Mid Tower Cabinet or Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Mid Tower Cabinet (the first one is cheaper , but i am not sure whether it can hold the processor cooler and ram and MOBO with no problems....HAF 912 combat one is huge i believe so hopefully it should hold every components neatly)

Thanks in advance
Gazzali

thepinkanator95

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($92.55 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($73.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($130.66 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Microcenter)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($85.87 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $773.99
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-04 15:28 EDT-0400)

Here is what I was thinking when you said "mid-budget" gaming.

The 8350 will give you more bang for the buck.

The memory has a higher clock speed than what you were looking at.

The PSU is just as reliable as the one you have and it's cheaper.

I took off the SSD is it isn't really necessary but is more of a luxury item. I left the terabyte HDD on there.

I gave you a cheaper DVD that is just as fast.

My GPU is WAY better than the one you have there (which is the most important part of the gaming rig). It will last you much longer than the GeForce 650 for about the same price.

Also, the biggest rule in gaming is COOLING. I gave you a full tower case that will allow for maximum airflow amongst all your components and allow you the most upgradability.

gazzalizayn

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
Wow , that was a quick reply , the processor and MOBO u suggested seemed to be really cool , I forgot to mention the main part , i live in India , so the prices are different. Still most of your suggestions are perfectly matching to what i have asked for . Thanks for it.

will have to check and see what i am not able to get in here...

and SSD you had omitted it ? i thought of putting my OS and main game (WoW or DOTA 2) in the ssd for running it

if i am to omit it , do you think WD black serves its job?

regards
Gazzali

thepinkanator95

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

I wouldn't worry about the SSD. Your operating system will still boot fine and your games will load to RAM and run from there so the SSD would be pointless. The one I put on there will be fine.

gazzalizayn

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013

I am having trouble with the cabinet and the RAM , both are kinda very hard to find and priced high (177$ for cabinet and 120-130$ for RAM)...

Do you think a mid tower works good with a good processor cooler or do i really have to go with a full tower ??

And RAM , Sniper is kinda more costly than vengeance or RipJaws in here India ... can i go for RIPJAWS??

thepinkanator95

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

A full tower would be best, but with good fans you can get away with a mid-tower. I would go for a full if you can though because all the wires going through the computer needed to be more strategically placed in a smaller case to give good airflow.

As long as the RAM is the same size and clock speed it will be good.