i7 3820 : Best Air/Water Cooler?

Alpaxj1

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
Hi,
I have a i7 3820 CPU and have researched peoples opinions on the best coolers for the CPU.
I just wanted to throw a question to the community about what would be a reasonable/cheap cooler. I am not intending to overclock, just stock speed at 3.6 GHz and maybe some Graphics/3D modelling.

Here is some:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)
H60
Noctua NH-D14

I would prefer not to spend more than £45 on a cooler whether air or water(H100i/H80), so if anyone experienced in this area could give me some advice on coolers that would be great.

Thanks in advance!:)
Jas

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Problem:

Hi,
I have a i7 3820 CPU and have researched peoples opinions on the best coolers for the CPU.
I just wanted to throw a question to the community about what would be a reasonable/cheap cooler. I am not intending to overclock, just stock speed at 3.6 GHz and maybe some Graphics/3D modelling.

Here is some:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)
H60
Noctua NH-D14

I would prefer not to spend more than £45 on a cooler whether air or water(H100i/H80), so if anyone experienced in this area could give me some advice on coolers that would be great.

Thanks in advance!:)
Jas

My Recommendation:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £23.98
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-04 23:01 BST+0100)

Notes:

For 45 Euros you are simply not going to get a water cooler...try air cooler for that price range...I listed one of the best however it would be for light to medium over clocking only...I hope this helps answer your question a little bit better. Also please remember to select your best answer so that others may learn from your thread. Remember that you can contact me anytime about any questions or concerns you might have about things in the future. Thank you for your time and have a pleasant day/night.

Alpaxj1

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
Problem:

Solution:

Quoted From Newegg (Link Connected Click On Words)

Click on the Details Page after you scroll down and find it...you will scroll down some more on the second page and find this information on that page.

Compatibility
CPU Socket:
Intel Sockets: LGA 1150/2011/1366/1155/1150
AMD Sockets: FM1/FM2/AM3+

CPU Support:
Intel: Core i7 Extreme / Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Core2 Extreme / Core2 Quad / Core2 Duo / Pentium / Celeron

AMD: FX-Series / A-Series / Phenom II X4 / Phenom II X3 /Phenom II X2 / Phenom X4 / Phenom X3 / Athlon II X4 / Athlon II X3 / Athlon II X2 / Athlon X2 / Athlon / Sempron

Other Notes:

I hope this helps answer your question a little bit better. Also please remember to select your best answer so that others may learn from your thread. Remember that you can contact me anytime about any questions or concerns you might have about things in the future. Thank you for your time and have a pleasant day/night.

TRENDING THREADS