FX-6300 Temps and Voltages OC

ZtripleZ

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
So I'll start off with my computer specs in case anyone needs to know them.

AMD-FX-6300 (OC 4.5Ghz)
Corsair Vengeance (2x4gb)
MSI 970a-G46
MSI Gtx 660 Ti
RocketFish 500w PSU (Shitty I know, need to upgrade)
Xigamatek Gaia cpu cooler

I have recently OC'd my cpu to 4.5ghz which requiered me to raise the voltage up a little bit. I am wondering if these are safe voltages and if these temps (In the picture) are accurate.

gweh.jpg

The red circle is what both of my programs are showing for a cpu temp and i'm wondering if those are inaccurate seeing as the minimum temp of my cpu (at idle) is 10c which seems very low considering my case is 24c inside at idle (thanks to a led display on front of my case). My other question is the numbers circled in black... are they north and south bridge temps... and if they are are those max temps in the ok range? If they aren't I have no clue what they are and am wondering if there is any way to find out for sure what they are. Thanks in advanced.

BTW: Forgot to mention that I ran Intel Burn Test at it showing that my system is stable if you are wondering, and my cpu core voltage fluctuates around 1.456-1.488.

You'll note that Core Temp and the AMD FX-6300 drop-down have the same max temperature, and also both display the tell-tale signs of weird-below-ambient readings that CPU Core temperature probes usually do when at idle. It's safe to say that those two readings are from your On-die CPU Core temperature sensors. The other ones, although who knows which one is which, may be your CPU Socket temperatures, which usually display 5-15C higher temperatures when at load, but are more accurate at idle since their readings aren't "corrected."

So, that explains why you are seeing what you are seeing.

As for what temperature is what when it comes to TMPIN0, 1, and 2, I can only speculate. Some motherboards do have more than two sets of temperature sensors for the CPU.

Nitro192

Distinguished
As far as how your max temps look they seem fine, It's funny I actually had your exact motherboard and processor 2 months ago, i had a 6300 on the same 970a g46 and I got it to that exact overclock on the same temps. Run a long term stress test to be sure but when i had the same setup those settings and temps worked just fine for me

GTX karl

Honorable
Aug 14, 2013
not sure if this will help you mine but is Overclocked to 4.1ghz no boost clock, cool and quiet enabled at 1.350v steady as hell I didn't inted to go over 4.1GHz nor have I tried I just wanted it to give me good FPS in single threaded games such as skyrim

http://i.imgur.com/jtLrvrH.png

cmi86

Distinguished
Watch for clock drops from VRM overheating. I had this board when I first got my 6300 and I could not go past 4.2Ghz/1.42v without the vrms starting to boil and causing my chip to throttle. I couldn't fix it an I knew my chip could do more so I had to switch it up for my current asus. Amazing the difference now I run 4.5 on stock voltage 1.36v and temps never break 50c. Not trying to bash on ya just something to be aware of, good luck.