LG Monitor Power Saving Mode [Solved]

kufii

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
My monitor does not display anything when I turn my computer on. It just goes into power saving mode. It was working earlier today. I unplugged it to some cleaning around my computer, and after I plugged everything back in it wasn't working. I have tried multiple monitor cables, both VGA and DVI. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Solution
You sure everything is in place? The cable is well placed in the back of the gpu? Maybe your gpu isnt connected the the psu?
If you havent changed anything as you say and you only unpluged some cables, well, a cable isnt were it supposed to be.

MiDNiGHTsoul

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
Does it has a source button somewhere on the monitor? If yes, plug the cable you always had and press the source button.

My monitor (LG) has HDMI, DVI and VGA ports and it has a button (source) on the side which lets you choose which port you want to display. When is only one cable connected it autodetects it though...

kufii

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013

Doesn't seem to do anything. If I press any of the buttons it just says "DVI-D Power Saving Mode".

MiDNiGHTsoul

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
You sure everything is in place? The cable is well placed in the back of the gpu? Maybe your gpu isnt connected the the psu?
If you havent changed anything as you say and you only unpluged some cables, well, a cable isnt were it supposed to be.

Solution

kufii

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013

Found it. Looks like stuff got a bit messed up when I was moving things around. I messed up. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS