Building 1st gaming PC. $1000 build. Good for the price?

Hello, I'm building my 1st gaming PC and wanted to know your guys' input on the hardware my friend and I picked out.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core
Case: NZXT Phantom PHAN-001BK ATX Full Tower
GPU: ASUS GTX650TIB-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
RAM: 4 Gb Gskill Ripjaw 240 pin
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 TR-700 700W ATX 12V V2.3 & EPS 12V

I think that's all the essentials. My friend's dad is a software engineer so he gave a lot of input on the build. In all it's about a $1000 build. Any input on whether it's a good quality build for the price would be appreciated. And any suggestions on comparable or cheaper components would be nice.
3 answers Last reply
More about building 1st gaming 1000 build good price
  1. I'd save some on the mobo and go the Asus Z87-A, and you'll need a CPU cooler (might look at the Hyper 212 EVO), a mid-tower might save some $, might look to 8GB of DRAM which is basically today's entry level (1600/9 set), still need HD and OS
  2. Thank you for the input. I already bought the full tower for the extra room for fans so that I can add a second graphics card later if needed (I might be adding more monitors and be doing video editing and such), and maybe overclocking the CPU if I get the i5-4670k, it's only $20 more. Ty for the mobo tip, I was looking at that one on Newegg.com and thought paying the extra $20 on it would make a noticeable difference, but now I'm not seeing much of one. I didn't mention the HD because i'm getting a simple 500Gb mechanical drive. Lastly I was gonna get that RAM from my friend because they had it as a spare. But now that I look at it, it was made before the 1150 mobo/chip sets and not sure if it's compatable?
  3. Ripjaws will work, was thinking 8GB is considered entry level pretty much, and you showed 4GB, just a thought, can always start with 4GB then see if you need more ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Systems New Build