2 monitor set up using LG LG 29EA93-P 29" monitors

sunkap

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Hi -

Trying to set up two of the above monitors (each has 2560 X 1080 resolution). Replacing a two monitor (2 x 22 inch) set up where I used Matrox Dual Head to Go Digital box containing input from my MacBook Air (mid 2012) and output vis DVI to the 2 monitors.

I bought 1 LG (as above) and trying to use it with the set up above and the picture on the old 22 inch is great but the LG is stretched (since it is super wide). Cannot make them both work together so if I buty another LG will that solve the problem..? Or will I have 2 X stretched monitors??
Help appreciated!!

sunkap

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
I am sorry I am not being clear in my explanation. I will try differently.

I am using Matrox as above with 2 monitors - one is a new LG 29 in widescreen monitor. The other is my old Dell 22 inch monitor. Both connected via the Matrox Dual Head to Go to my Macbook Air. The problem is my old monitor worls fine. The Matrox allows me to expand the Mac desktop over two monitors. All that still works ok. The problem is that the full LG widescreen is not occupied. The size of the window that is use is the same as my 22inch. The full LG width is not getting used.

There may be 2 problems:
1) I cannot use monitors of different resolutions. Meaning I must buy another wide LG for this to wok correctly.
2) The Matrox will not support 2 monitors with such a resolution i.e. 2560 X 1080 each.

Please advise. Thanks all.