Sign in with
Your question

Will the Nvidia GTX 770M (mobile) outperform the Nvidia GTX 470 (desktop)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 5, 2013 1:13:20 PM

Since I will be going to university soon I won't be able to take along a desktop PC I plan on buying a gaming laptop with the 2.4-GHz Intel Core i7-4700HQ Haswell processor and the Nvidia GTX 770M. Will I see a performance increase in games like BF3, BF4, Metro Last LIght, Bioshock Infinite etc. over the GTX 470 and Intel Core i5 750 2,6 GHz quad core?
a b Î Nvidia
October 10, 2013 7:38:11 AM

Why can't you bring your desktop to college? I did while I was at college. You just can't bring it to class with you :p 

You will most likely see *equivalent* performance.. But I'm not sure I would bet on a performance increase. A GTX 780M falls between a GTX 660 and a GTX 760 desktop card. Which means the 770 is a good bit slower than either of those. I'd say you might see a *slight* increase because of hyperthreading on the i7 and such, but it's a safer bet to say at the very least you won't see a decrease in performance.

Quick Edit: If you want a more direct comparison, here:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-770M.88...

This'll show you some benchmarked framerates. you can compare to the framerates you're getting on your old desktop.
That being said, I played the BF4 Beta on my ASUS G750JX with a 770M and it ran smooth as butter, so, I think you should be fine.
!