Cooler Master Hyper 212x - AMD Phenom II x4 B45

PulseDroid

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Hi guys,

I'd like to know if the Cooler Master Hyper 212x custom cooler is a good choice for my needs, if there is something better in the price range, and with how much +/- my temps would decrease.

I have an old AMD Phenom II x2 545 Castillo @ 3.0GHz, at the moment I can't really afford an upgrade. I unlocked the CPU since I render 3D animations and such, so cores mean more to me than clock speeds.

I've ran both Blend and Small FFT on Prime95 for 24 hours each, both are stable.

Here is the temps ( On the motherboards side, since when I unlock the core temps aren't visible )
( Degrees Celsius )

Stock:

Min - 40 Degrees
Max - 52 Degrees

Unlocked:

Min - 42 Degrees
Max - 58 Degrees

With an outside temp of 30 Degrees.

Now I know that isn't very high, but I am a very paranoid little guy so bear with me. I'd like to knock off 20 or so degrees, will that be possible with the Cooler Master Hyper 212x ?

If not, I have a only a budget of 35$. - Since I have an overseas trip next year and I'm 14 :pt1cable:

Thanks okes!

Nikolay Savov

Distinguished

NOP ,,,,,

But if you bring down you outside temp from 30 Degrees to - 2 you gonna hit 20 Degrees :)

The cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212x is too much for the old CPU but you`l gain lower noise :)

PulseDroid

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013

I meant I'd like to lose 20 degrees, so then like 38 degrees on load, possible?

Nikolay Savov

Distinguished

Let me put it this way :
I have 4 Cores 8 threat`s CPU on 3,6 GHz and i never go more than 50 degree on 100% load and 1500 RPM - Arctic Cooler i30
CM 212 is almost the same size so if you run you CPU FAN on 100 % and you can take the noise YES you can have under 40 degree i think

But you`r fine even wit 60 -70 degree .........
If you hit more than 80 then you have to worry .............