Problem setting up 3 displays with different sizes

gilded

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hello,
I have one 24" 16:10 1920x1200 display and two 19" 4:3 1280x1024 displays I'd like to hook up on my Asus Radeon HD7970 Direct CU II 3GB. The 19" displays are connected through DVI, and the 24" is connected display port tp HDMI with an active adapter.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate

It doesn't have to be Eyefinity i just like them to work.

I can see all the displays connected but I can't enable them all at once.

Is it not possible to have 3 displays with different sizes enabled at once?

I hope AMD makes their next gen cards more multi-screen friendly and easier to plug anything into anywhere.

" There are a couple of caveats, though. The included HDMI adapter works only with the right DVI port. Also, the left DVI output offers a dual-link connection only when the left-most DisplayPort output is disabled. A switch near the CrossFire connectors flips between the output configurations."

I don't know if that helps or the switch would help you or you're using the wrong displayport that the dvi port uses or something but maybe try moving them around, I dunno.

gilded

Honorable
May 13, 2012

Tried flicking the switch and tried changing display port, nothing helped.

gilded

Honorable
May 13, 2012

Did you even read my post?

"and the 24" is connected display port tp HDMI with an active adapter"

I didn't really read that line as it didn't make a lot of sense.

You also followed up with a line that said you didn't need Eyefinity. I was just trying to make it clear that you do need Eyefinity.

gilded

Honorable
May 13, 2012

Nah, I don't really need eyefinity. I just want three desktops to work. Eyefinity is where you let multiple screens act as one and I really doubt this is optimal in my case with different screen sizes.

According to AMD, any setup that uses more than 2 monitors on a single card, whether as a single display or independent, is in Eyefinity. http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/for-consumers/Pages/what-is-eyefinity.aspx

gilded

Honorable
May 13, 2012

Ok, that might be true. What I thought to be eyefinity is when you create a display group to make them to "one" screen with only one resolution.

This is what I'm trieing to achieve:
"Assuming for a moment that you never perform any additional configuration once the monitors are connected, these displays are running in what’s called “extended mode.” Monitors do not have to be the same size or resolution in this mode"