Building a gaming rig for around $1000

bthornsb

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of building my first gaming rig. I will link my tentative build below. If you guys have any advice/upgrades please let me know! I am also getting 2 140 mm fans and 2 120 mm fans for airflow and a mouse pad for 15 dollars. On newegg it all comes to 995 which is right at budget. I would love to get a dedicated SSD, but I cannot fit it into budget so I got the hybrid instead. Thanks in advance!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1LgiO

Identical performance and quality: PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($153.61 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: GeIL EVO Leggara Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($63.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($272.29 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-118BB DVD/CD Drive ($21.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $826.81
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-05 20:27 EDT-0400)

Alpha-Black

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
very critical advise plz
other words ...Insult this one.:)

Your link does not work. You need to copy the BBCode.

The build is a complete mess. What is the computer going to be used for? It won't barely play games at lowest settings.

Alpha-Black

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

This is not the ANSWER i wanted Man.....tell me what part have to be changed and with what.
By the way.
Sniper Ghost warrior 2 Ultra Settings (Smooth Play)
Call of duty MWIII Extra Settings (Smooth Play)
Battle Field 3 Ultra settings (Smooth Play)
Need for Speed Most wanted 2012 highest settings (Smooth Play)
Battle Field 4 open beta highest settings (Smooth Play)
GTA VI highest settings (Smooth Play)
Mafia 2 highest settings (smooth Play)

Adobe Photoshop CC14 3D Working (Smooth work)
Adobe premier CC 3D video rendering (working like a charm)
3D Maya (woking like a charm)
idle Temps 25-30c CPU
Idle Temps 28-34c GPU

Prime 95 Highest load 36 hours straight CPU temp 58C Tops
Fourmark 3d full load 1920x1080 10hours GPU temp 54C tops.

Using 3D display on 42" Changhong Ruba LED screen.
What else you want from a computer ?
PLZ GET YOUR SELF OUT OF INTERNET INFO AND CHECK THINGS IN REAL TIME WORKING CONDITIONS.
I always saw your comments in negative way your always disheartening rather then giving them good info about hardware what i think you don't have and now your time......atleast get a core i5 then talk about corei7s and get a closed loop water cooler then take about water cooling :) (yeah i'm offensive )

This is mess that is mess ! this is not the way. Just tell people what to change and with what. they will know if a person like you having this much badges asking to change then change this part is mess.simple don't start with -ve words always

ddbtkd456

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

Please do 2 things....right away...

1. Start a new thread for what your problem is so we may close this thread, forum rules.

2. Stop insulting the people that help you "This is not the ANSWER I want Man and PLZ GET YOUR SELF OUT OF INTERNET INFO AND CHECK THINGS IN REAL TIME WORKING CONDITIONS.
I always saw your comments in negative way your always disheartening rather then giving them good info about hardware what i think you don't have and now your time......atleast get a core i5 then talk about corei7s and get a closed loop water cooler then take about water cooling :) (yeah i'm offensive )

This is mess that is mess ! this is not the way. Just tell people what to change and with what. they will know if a person like you having this much badges asking to change then change this part is mess.simple don't start with -ve words always" is not being respectful. Forum rules require us to be respectful to each other. Please review the forum policy's and rules, before I do the right thing and report you.

**** You are very lucky I am in a good mood, otherwise I would report you...and thats not a good thing****
Thank you.

I agree with tiny voices, start a new thread and we will both help you there we need to pick an answer, not keep going on one thread. Your build is a complete mess...there would be no way that you could play games on it...your video card isn't even a GTX.

Alpha-Black

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1827737/check-rig-advise-plz.html