asus z87-pro support dvd problem

Diogo Pimentel

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
I'm building a computer with Asus z87-pro mobo but I don't have a optical drive on it.

I use another computer to change cd/dvd to iso or to create a bootable pen.
Everything went well till it was time to do that with Asus support dvd.
First time it was read even thought it seemed difficult... couldn't manage to do an iso out of it as it would give an error. Got it out to read and do a search on internet and the moment I tried it again it starts kinda "beeping" while it's being read and nothing else...

What would you recommend? Are they the same files I can find on their site?

Thanks in advance for your time and answer

Diogo Pimentel

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
it's what I thought and it's what I probably gonna do. I'm still waiting for the cpu cooler to arrive and I don't wanna install the stock one to take it off after and clean and all that stuff so I still have to wait. I was just trying to "build" some time to have everything ready and do it quick and clean this week. ty

Genzo

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

Did you testdrive your Build? or Try to build the PC (like a testbench) to make sure all of your parts are functional not DOA :)

Diogo Pimentel

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
not sure what you mean but i'm pretty sure everything is compatible and will work (unless a part is somehow faulty).

Now I've found that somehow after I've made an iso or used that Asus cd and tried to get an iso it's this computer optical drive that isn't working -.- and I can't find nothing at all... it's like it doesn't doesn't exist for pioneer...

On device manager seems to be everything ok.. it won't just read and do that kind of "beeping".

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR TD11RS

Diogo Pimentel

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Yeah, I understood that, just didn't understood for what reason exactly I would do that. The desktop i'm building doesn't have optical drive too that's why I started with the iso thing and I still miss the cpu cooler and monitor to start building it.

I've managed to do an ISO out of this MoBo support dvd in another computer... so it looks like that this laptop optical drive just died yesterday while using it... It's really weird -.-
I can't find nothing about this particular drive and I'm not sure what to do... maybe I'll try to contact the place where I've bought it or maybe even Acer support

Diogo Pimentel

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
After trying a lot of stuff and a repair utility I tried a system rollback and somehow it's working again... I'm not sure what might have been the cause or the workout but it is working again... a bit slow reading it seems and at first it made a bit of the noise/sound... might have been some compatibility issue between this optical drive and some software... can't tell

Diogo Pimentel

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Back to the main subject. I finally got my new computer running... but it's not that new anymore after some windows install and reinstall. Had some issues with drivers too and found that the asus site and drivers aren't user friendly, besides one of them (the last one -.-) made my computer unable to boot and had to restore right back to where I start... Windows "transfer" was kind of a pain too till I've found the way...
ty for your help

(how do I lock this or get it "solved"?) =D any question go ahead while it's still fresh on my head... what a pain -.-