I am getting random black screens

peer_o

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
So I have been having a problem with random black screens that last for about 2-3 seconds. This was not a problem when I first purchased my computer, but has started occurring what I would assume would be two to three times a day. I thought that if I had a display driver crash, I would get some sort of a notification? I would appreciate any help provided.

This is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Peer_o/saved/14hS

foresttree1

Honorable
May 11, 2013
Hmmm. You problem is very interesting. I also have the same motherboard and I have been getting random black screen. But in my case I get the driver crash message. I am also having some issue with the pcie slot. I wonder if this is a mother board issue?? I have a gtx 670 on sli btw.

peer_o

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
I don't know what it could be. I was wondering if I was not getting the message because the screen was dark for long, or maybe the slot needs to be switched? It rarely happens when I am doing anything demanding. I just don't know what it is. Since you have a different brand of gpu, I would assume it is not drivers. Perhaps a motherboard update?

foresttree1

Honorable
May 11, 2013
LOL. Same here. It has never crashed while I am gaming. Usually when browsing or sometimes when its just idling. My motherboard is already on the latest version when I bought it so I am not sure it that. Try switching to a different slot and see. I know that in my case one of my cards will stutter like crazy if in slot 2 but works fine n slot 1. My other cards works fine on both slots though. So I am also stumped.