My First Build - Taking Advice Graciously

AdoringFan

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
So as the title suggests, this is going to be my first ever self-made gaming rig. I need confirmation that all the parts are good quality for high graphic gaming and that all of them work together. Also, this is probably the most important part of me making this post; Are there any ways I can save money without sacrificing performance here? Thank you all. :D Here are the specs:

Intel Core i5-4670K Processor-

MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING Intel Z87 Motherboard-

Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply-

Samsung 24X DVD Writer-

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST Superclocked Video Card-

Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive-

Kingston HyperX Blu KHX1600C10D3B1/8G 8GB -

Solution
I'd suggest changing the mobo (maybe look at the Asus Grphon or the Asus Z87-Plus, or up a to the Asus Pro or my fav the Hero) I won't touch MSI due to the poor QC, the rest of what you show looks good, when all selected if any left in the budget might upgrade the GPU

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
I'd suggest changing the mobo (maybe look at the Asus Grphon or the Asus Z87-Plus, or up a to the Asus Pro or my fav the Hero) I won't touch MSI due to the poor QC, the rest of what you show looks good, when all selected if any left in the budget might upgrade the GPU

Solution

AdoringFan

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013

Will the Asus Gryphon work well for gaming with the CPU I had in mind? also, is it worth the 20 dollar reduction to get the 4670 instead of the 4670k. I didn't think so at first because not overclocking would mean having to upgrade sooner but I'm not entirely sure.

AdoringFan

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013

Well, thank you for the help! :D