Weird green/black spot on my monitor

Arbenn

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Hello

When I start up my monitor, there first is a green spot on the corner of my screen. Later it slowly gets black (I can however when look very carefully see my cursor when I put it on the spot).
Is there a way to fix this? (I already tried software like UDpixel and Stuck Pixel sweeper)

I got a ASUS VS228 monitor

Thanks In advance!

09ij.jpg

AK B

Distinguished
May 16, 2013
Hi,

First, see if you can connect your PC to another monitor or TV. See if the spot is still there. If not, it's a problem with your monitor. You'll probably have to go to a repair shop to get it fixed.
If it persists after you connect to another display, update your GPU drivers or roll them back if they updated recently.

Also, when did this problem start? Did you handle the screen roughly before it happened?

Arbenn

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Ok, thanks everybody! Sound like a serious problem, do you guys think that the warranty will cover it?

Also, I always handled the screen very carefully. It never fell or hit anything. Are there any other things which could have caused it?

Arbenn

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

It started like 4 or 5 days ago, it seems to get worse. I always handled the screen very carefully

Arbenn

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

Ok, that's great to know. I think I still got warranty since the screen is only 1 year old and the website of ASUS says I got 3 year warranty. I hope they will cover it