Your question

Need Help with Custom PC im Building.

Tags:
  • Peripherals
  • Gaming
  • Build
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 6, 2013 8:22:59 AM

im going to build my first pc and im unsure on which parts to buy i want cheap but effective parts its going to be a gaming pc my budget is £500
can any of you help me out or tell me which parts to buy?
thanks

More about : custom building

October 6, 2013 5:36:09 PM

A few questions, what type of games are you going to play? Do you need high processing power or RAM or graphics? Rule of thumb though, I would get an i5 intel processor for starters, it doesn't seem like you have the budget for an i7 unless you want a lower end one. Also, what size do you want your computer to be? Mini-itx? mid tower? Full tower atx?
October 7, 2013 6:52:55 AM

ill be playing all sorts of games like from Minecraft to Crysis 3
my budget now is 400pounds
its my first time building a pc so i dont really know which graphics card to buy etc
so can you please help me?
Related resources
October 7, 2013 5:51:10 PM

Damn, you're on a pretty tight budget there. I would say go for AMD graphics cards, they have more bang per buck and since u dont have too much money on your hands, that fits you well. I don't know too much about AMD cards, I normally have a larger budget and I always get NVidia. Also, I would get 4-8 gigs of ram, and as for your motherboard, you need to determine what size mb and case you want.
October 8, 2013 10:21:04 AM

johnlee7920 said:
Damn, you're on a pretty tight budget there. I would say go for AMD graphics cards, they have more bang per buck and since u dont have too much money on your hands, that fits you well. I don't know too much about AMD cards, I normally have a larger budget and I always get NVidia. Also, I would get 4-8 gigs of ram, and as for your motherboard, you need to determine what size mb and case you want.

thanks mate , ive made two pc's can you please tell me which ones are better?
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1830916/gaming.h...
you can see all of it there.
October 8, 2013 4:51:02 PM

I didn't look at the cases but I would say build number two, the one with corsair ram and the msi mobo. For a gaming cp, I would avoid using lower-end brands, I have not seen biostar in a long time. Also (well, this might just be brand name) but Corsair and MSI tend to make high quality products. I myself am a fan of Corsair and Asus but Msi is also pretty good. the only thing though, is that I would switch out the seagates with western digitals, most wd internal drives are good.
October 9, 2013 1:49:06 PM

johnlee7920 said:
I didn't look at the cases but I would say build number two, the one with corsair ram and the msi mobo. For a gaming cp, I would avoid using lower-end brands, I have not seen biostar in a long time. Also (well, this might just be brand name) but Corsair and MSI tend to make high quality products. I myself am a fan of Corsair and Asus but Msi is also pretty good. the only thing though, is that I would switch out the seagates with western digitals, most wd internal drives are good.

thanks mate for the response i made a new one
CPU

AMD A8-5600K 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor £70.27 £70.27 Scan.co.uk Buy
Motherboard

ASRock FM2A75 Pro4 ATX FM2 Motherboard £54.04 £1.00 £55.04 Dabs Buy
Memory

Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £30.99 £1.00 £31.99 Dabs Buy
Storage

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive £47.47 FREE £47.47 Amazon UK Buy
Video Card

MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card £71.72 £71.72 Scan.co.uk Buy
Power Supply

Corsair CX 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply £38.10 FREE £38.10 Amazon UK Buy
Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) £67.19 £67.19 Aria PC Buy
Base Total: £379.78
Shipping: £2.00
Total: £381.78

Is that good?
October 9, 2013 4:26:42 PM

Other than the motherboard, everything is fine. I haven't heard or used ASRock before so if you want to keep on the safe side, msi mobos are good (avoid gigabyte). Asus is good for atx mobos, dunno about itx if u want that. That's a really good build mate!
!