can my 300 watt psu handle a sapphire radeon 7750??

psychoward

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
just wondered if its enough. i currently have a geforce 610 that runs fine on it. also was thinking of evga gt640 would that be ok as well?

1ox1rq.jpg

psychoward

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
why have others asked about 300 psu with that card and its ok for them? thats why i posted a pic of my psu supply to double check it. i already know what is stated on the specs of the card

not knowing what the rest of the hardware is, makes it hard to say yes or no.

however, since HP PSUs are usually signed out lower than what they are, you might be able to get the video card to work.

psychoward

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
ok ty, so the 16 amps should be sufficient then? probably kind of pushing it a bit though? i dont plan on overclocking at all just leaving everything stock. i was leaning towards the gt640 since i saw it required 350 watt psu but if this one works 'id rather have it instead. surprisingly that crappy gt610 i got now runs newer games fairly decent at 1080p with details all on low

psychoward

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
just an update to this - got the card yesterday and it works great. surprisingly im able to run a lot of games at max or near max settings. skyrim, DmC, resident evil 6, resident evil revelations, deadpool, left for dead 2, far cry 3 im able to run at 1080p with max everything. tomb raider and bioshock infinite have to run everything at high instead of ultra. this card is awesome for the money thats for sure!

TRENDING THREADS