Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-TD11RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diogo Pimentel

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Yesterday while creating an ISO this optical drive started giving failure signals since he couldn't read properly and said it might be the DVD. Soon it stop reading and instead it makes kind of a "intermittent buzz/beep". I can't find nothing anywhere about this optical driver... It's like it doesn't even exist! The computer is an Acer Aspire V3-771G.

Tried uninstall, update driver and some other procedures without luck.

Any idea?

I never gave it a lot of use and the computer has about 1 year..

Thank you in advance!

Diogo Pimentel

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
I've just realized that while the optical drive is trying to read, the computer will freeze and stop responding till I eject the dvd. I've experienced this before and I believe it might have to do with the laser -.- I didn't want to replace this and to send computer to warranty... specially because i'm affraid of how much time it can take.

Diogo Pimentel

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
After trying a lot of stuff and a repair utility I tried a system rollback and somehow it's working again... I'm not sure what might have been the cause or the workout but it is working again... a bit slow reading it seems and at first it made a bit of the noise/sound... might have been some compatibility issue between this optical drive and some software... can't tell

Status
Not open for further replies.