Charlie Demerjian has uncovered something green and slimy.

Do you think that Charlie is correct?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I really don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'll say nothing, I'll just post the link. Interesting read to say the least, but of course, Charlie has always had interesting things to read. LOL
http://semiaccurate.com/2013/10/05/much-nvidia-pay-origin-pc-drop-amd/
Read the article and then vote. I'm interested to see how this goes. I personally will not cast my vote until just before the poll ends 7 days from now.

I would expect nothing less from Charlie and as usual he doesn't disappoint! :lol:

What's even more funny than his expected rantings though is the amount of people who think that his opinion is somehow "fact"!

Oh I know, I don't know what to make of it. He's entertaining for sure but I always marveled at how many of his "opinions" turned out to be 100% true so no matter how outlandish his claims, you're never 100% sure if it's real or BS. In fact, from watching his site over the years, he's turned out to be right at least 75% of the time. Intel's ultrabooks are a good example of that. At the same time, he hates nVidia with a passion because of how they used to try intimidation to rig the reviews. So he does have an axe to grind. LOL

Charlie Demerjian - a.k.a. "The Question" :D

There's no denying that Origin PC and Nvidia have some sort of contract between them but the article that started this off was about the reasons given by Origin for why they dropped AMD GPU's, have you ever tried to contact AMD support? I have and they failed to respond in the time the automated response email said they would, the only way I was able to get any help was by PM'ing the AMD rep who posts here from time to time.

Umm, I just call them at 1-877-284-1566. Since you're in the UK, you would need to call +44 (0) 1276 932318.

They've always answered quickly for me, they're good guys and have always been very helpful. I hope that this makes your life easier Monk, I know it really helped me. Most people don't realise that AMD has a direct technical support number so that may be an issue. They're very knowledgeable and help you out in real-time. Next time you have trouble, try it out. For people not in Canada, the UK or the USA, here's the link for all of AMD's global technical support numbers, should you ever need to call them:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/contact

Why should I pay for an international phone call when an email is free? Surely it would be better if they just sorted out their support department and responded by way of email instead of having a broken automated response system.

TRENDING THREADS