Can I play the sims 3 with all expansions?

Kotryna

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I have acer aspire 5742ZG-P614G50Mnkk. I don't know how to check any of needs. But Can I play the sims 3 with all it's expansions?

Here are some links to check out, unfortunately I am not a big fan of integrated graphics (your laptop uses UMA which means built in sharing with CPU & RAM to keep things simple)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/the-sims-3/10845

but if you click that link and click on can I run it you will find your answer, you should be able to albeit barely. As for with all the expansions that depends solely on how much available space you have as I know the Sims games with expansions take up a ton of HDD space. So make sure you have allot available for that purpose.

http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq Looking at the minimum specs I believe your UMA will get away with it. You can thank your i3 for that... Since intel do a good job at integrated graphics.

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
sims 3 with or without its expansion will require the same hardware specs . so if you can run the sims 3 standalone fine then you can run it with all of its expansions . just make sure to run the game with the right expansion to avoid crashing .

DukiNuki

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
but bro . it will just require more Diskspace & maybe little more ram but not more graphic or cpu . its like adding more maps to Call of duty . all it will need is more disk space . Expansion dont change the engine or graphics . they just add stuff & locations . which means more space on HDD & little bit on RAM !

But i respect your opinion ;)

sims Is NOT like call of duty (or any other game). Each add-on requires more power. Seasons, for example requires a better video card. It's doing snow, rain, etc, what the original game did NOT do. it's like each expansion is like a game upgrade. Each one adds more demands on the cpu and video card.

mikey2276

Honorable
May 4, 2013

Not true; the more expansion packs you have installed, the more performance will vary. There are many reports of people with high end gaming PCs experiencing freezing and shoddy performance with all EPs installed. Graphically, you have the Seasons to contend with now.. and with all the extra content: scripts, objects (and bugs) that the EPs introduce, your CPU will need to work harder.

So, with all the EPs, performance will decrease. How much it does varies.
I would expect the Acer Aspire 5742ZG-P614G50Mnkk to only be capable of around 25fps in most areas.