3770k multiplier stuck 41x

Devotii

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Hi all, (new here but casual reader of threads).

I bought a pre-OC'ed i7 3770k a while ago and I have been getting more involved with pcs lately. I've swapped cases and coolers and while looking through the BIOS I pressed "OC Tuner' to see what it was and it reset my OC without questions asked!!

The company I bought it off provided the OC settings I need to use in BIOS (for 4.6ghz), I put in the 46 multiplier and all the settings they say (it worked before) and now the multiplier will not go above 41 even when putting in 46 (x100).

Their OC settings are:
AI Overclock Tuner: XMP
BLCK Freq: 100
Turbo Ratio: By All Cores
By All Cores: 46
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Auto
Mem Freq: 1600
EPU Power Saving: Disabled
Load-Line Calibration: Auto
CPU Manual Voltage: 1.375
DRAM Voltage: 1.65
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Ratio: Auto
CPU C1E: Disabled

The only one I couldnt find was CPU C1E to disable it.

Before the voltage was scaling with load but I've just played around again and the cpu is constantly at 4.1ghz now.

Please can you help me get back to 4.6ghz as I know my PC can handle it easily.

Thanks!
Devotii

ps: Done more testing any my temps are alot higher than before I did this. Might have to just redo an OC from scratch.. however you do that! Please try answering, Thanks!

Devotii

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I didnt have any luck with above.

I set the multiplier to 38 just to see what happens and it still goes to 41.
There must be a setting somewhere I am missing?

Thanks
Devotii

Devotii

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Still no luck, I've emailed the provider I bought from. Hope they have some insight.
If you think of anything else, please do post it! :)

Devotii

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I disabled it and it stayed at stock speeds of 3500mhz. So I reapplied the settings and it was at 4100 again, I also disabled CPU synchronization this time and still nothing. (would allow me to set cores at different speeds etc)

I did just play BF4 Beta and my temps were 65ish and FPS of 72+ so I might just stick with it as I am happy with that!

Devotii

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I will try removing the battery for 30minutes later (good excuse to read my book!) and if it still doesnt work I will hide behind my chair and update the BIOS & hope it doesnt break!

Removing the battery is just as simple as taking it off the mobo right? (Obv power system down for 1-2minutes first :) )

Devotii

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Well I got the 4.6ghz back, but temperatures are a lot hotter than before. This is with a lower voltage also.
Currently at 1.325 getting 44C idle and 90+ with small FFT p95.

Going to try reducing the voltage little by little and see if my pc loads. Had some blue screens earlier :(

edit: was still at high temps, so ran my fans on full, got rid of any heat that was lying about, and now I have good temps again, this is all idle.
33 idle :)
my cooler is TT Water 2.0 Extreme with 2x Noctua NF-F12

goes up to 95c with p95 small fft, but going to test in BF4 Beta all ultra settings as its rare my cpu will get to 100%. Unless I start up my youtube channel again :/

Temps are fine in BF4 Beta (Ultra), 50% loading and 65c.
Ran fans at full and p95 small FFT getting 89c.

I consider this a success! YAY.