does amd a10 5800k have good

cillk

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
Does amd a10 5800k have good enough graphics without a graphics card? and another question is; if I apply thermal paste wrong, what are the consequences?

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
Too much thermal paste could cause poor conductivity and possible spill overs onto your socket and motherboard (very bad because thermal paste is electrically conductive). Too little could leave the heat sink with poor contact and cause higher than normal temperatures. You're system should shutdown automatically, however, if things get too hot so don't worry *too much.

EDIT: Regarding the cheap thermal paste that I commonly work with.

"Good enough" is a very subjective term.

It is good enough to do pretty much everyday common tasks, watch HD movies, and play some modern games on medium settings. So it is good enough to do a lot.

Edit: As for thermal compound, it depends on the brand/type. Most modern thermal compounds are not electrically conductive, or capacitive, so as long as you do not get it into the motherboard socket, you are okay. Arctic Silver 5 is one of the few popular thermal compounds that, although it still works good, many people are passing over because it still is capacitive, and has a two-hundred hour cure time - newer thermal compounds are eliminating that as well. Otherwise, in general, thermal compound that is "applied wrong" usually leads to higher-than-optimum temperatures.

If you have DDR3-2133 RAM installed then the performance of the Radeon HD 7660D (not sure if that's the model #), will be pretty close to a desktop Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 graphics card. The Radeon HD 6670 DDR3 is weaker than the Radeon HD 6670 DDR5. The Radeon HD 6670 DDR3's performance ranks it basically halfway between a the desktop Radeon HD 5570 and Radeon HD 5670. I think the Radeon HD 6670 DDR5 is about 15% more powerful than the Radeon HD 5670.

TRENDING THREADS