Dead/Stuck Green Pixel On New $300 Asus VG248QE 144Hz TN Panel Monitor.

roguecatfish

Honorable
May 5, 2013
So I just ordered my new computer and the monitor was the first thing to get here. I hooked it up to my laptop via HDMI and started playing some DayZ. I noticed a small green dot in the upper right hand side of the monitor and ignored it thinking it was just a graphical glitch in the game. It wasn't until today that I realized when watching a full screen youtube video that the pixel was there 24/7. It has now become extremely noticeable and is really bugging me. I have tried a bunch of methods like UDPixel and JscreenFix and neither worked. Could someone please point me towards a place that shows me how to fix this pixel. Also, how much would it cost for return shipping to Asus? All help is appreciated, thanks.

asimplepcuser

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
Hi did you try Google for Asus dead pixel policy?

Hope this help: http://support.asus.com/Warranty.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VE247H

I understand how annoying this is. I alos just received a U2412M with Dell last week and right away I tested the screen to see if there was any dead pixel. I found 1 dark and one bright. Luckily, I got one bright since the have a Zero bright pixel policy for Ultrasharp series, now I am waiting to receive a replacement tomorrow, fingers crossed..... Good luck with yours

Dead pixels are common, your monitor has 2 million of them, having all of them work in very unlikely. You can try tapping on it, I've fixed stuck pixels before by tapping on them with a blunt object like a pen (obviously not the ink side), don't be afraid to use pressure.

You can return it to Asus, I believe they have a 0 dead pixel return policy but you'd have to check with them. If they accept it as not working they have someone collect it and give you the replacement at the same time, doesn't cost you a penny. But before you send it back, check it for things like backlight and color uniformity, I had 3 of those Asus displays, the first had terrible backlight clouding, the second a pretty good backlight (returned it for other reasons) and after the third came back with an even crappier backlight uniformity than the first and bad color uniformity I gave up. Keep in mind the one you get back might not actually be better, and will always be a refurbished one.

asimplepcuser

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

Really? Do they always return with a refurbished one? So my replacement coming tomorrow from Dell will be a refurbish one too?.....

With video cards that seems to be the case, but I'm not sure they can refurbish display panels with dead pixels. It may be they replace just the panel and send it back with reused bezel/stand and all that.

Both of mine were no doubt refurbished, it even says so in the Asus warranty information that they will send out a refurb. Obviously I can't speak for any manufacturer other than Asus, but they told me to keep any accessories as the replacement wouldn't come with them and it came in a used box.

The first one I got back was scratched to hell on the bezel, it looked like someone took wire wool to it (the reason I returned it), though the panel itself was immaculate. The second I got back had a protective film on the bezel, I'm in the process of getting rid of it so I haven't removed the film to check if its scratched or not, but from the bits that have peeled away themselves it looks brand new underneath. Both of them had the sticker for the serial information peeled half way off, so I guess they get them back, fix them and re label them.

asimplepcuser

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I got my replacement from Dell today. IT's brand new but still got one dark pixel at the lower right hand corner..... although I really want a "perfect" one but I guess I can't complain this time.