Samsung Officially Announces Galaxy Round Curved Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKKwan

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
I wish something at this size is curve can fit nicely to the shape of my butt. So that I can put into my back pocket without any fear of breaking it. But this one doesn't seems to fit my butt nicely.

emike09

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Freaking cool. Packed to the brim with specs, sleek, sexy look, and a brand new form factor, all in one sorta-expensive package. I'll buy one when it comes to the States.

Bloob

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Should be easier to reach the other side with your thumb, but the effect of the curve seems to me to mostly be just making the screen feel smaller. Not sure if this is a good thing without testing.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011

I thought you were going to say you wish you could curl it up more so you could shove it up buttholes since its totally pointless.

Why can't they do what is shown in this video, by just letting you get a curved case to put the phone in so you could still rock it? I have no interest in curved screens until I can roll-up large tablets to fit them in my pocket.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
hideout makes a valid point why no wireless ac band, the note 3 has it. I will be interested in this phone more so than the note 3 if it is similarly priced plastic > glass screen i break phones to much and hope that might fix it, rumor had it this would be waterproof like the sony xperia but i guess not. guess i can still hope for a galaxy note 3 activ

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
1000 dollars? I was thinking this was a good idea till i found out that instead you could buy a PC that can play anything in 3D and still look smooth.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Would actually be worried to sit down with this in my back pocket. Looks solid at least and second worry is scratching that plastic screen. See how it goes.

brettms71

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
There curved back is a design flaw in my opinion Pressing on the screen in normal use will cause the phone to rock. I don't do it often, but sometimes when my phone is on the table at work i use it without picking it up to text, check msgs etc, can't do that with this phone. Hand held only.

blcskate

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
I use my phone as a speaker phone a lot. It lays on my desk while I am working. If I need to type something, unmute, etc... the phone will rock and be a pain to use. I so far can see no logical use for a curved phone of any type. I instead want to see a small phone pen size that has a pull out screen to use as needed. So when I am storing it or using it as a phone only it is very basic and compact, but when I need a big screen for searching, apps, etc.. I have a big screen. Best of both worlds. Sadly far beyond current technology.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
these pictures are much nicer than the ones in the previous article about this phone. I am surprised by the sleek and sexy appearance of it. I still maintain that the design is kinda pointless, but it does look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.