Can't remember an old adventure-style computer game.

Tylenolmonkey

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
This is probably a stretch, but I though I'd give it a shot. I'm looking for the name of an old computer game I played in elementary school. This would have been probably late 80s/early 90s. I believe it was an old PC game but it's possible it might be an old Macintosh game. Anyway, it was an adventure-type game where you read the screen and then type in simple phrases like "go west. Go east. Look "item". Etc." I don't remember too much except I think I recall that you fall down a well at the beginning of the game and then end up in a strange world. I think it's run by talking crocodiles or alligators who are evil tyrants who rule the land.

If it's at all helpful, I remember playing this game around the same time as the original PC "Oregon Trail" as well as the original PC "Where in the World Is Carmen San Diego?".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

crookedmouth

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
There is a ton of text-adventures out there, many are lost to time. This will be tough, though this one sounds familiar.

Was it completely text or were there simple pictures to accompany the text? This would make it a "graphic adventure", which was the term from the time.