hi i have a aerocool xpredator . there is smoke comming out the front panel where u plug yr headphones and mic into.. Any sugg

Shanay Sharon

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
hi i have a aerocool xpredator . there is smoke comming out the front panel where u plug yr headphones and mic into.. Any suggestions

Hi,

There's smoke coming out of your PC and you've decided to post on a forum?

Perhaps turn your PC off, disconnect the power and have a look inside.

(unless of course the PC case has some kind of built in smoke machine, like some kind of party trick).

Shanay Sharon

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
it is comming out the microphone and headphone jacks on the front panel. i have opened the top but i do not see anything. i smell the burnt but ntg looks burnt :? . but i am technically challenged .

My advice would be to turn the computer off and unplug the front panel cables from the motherboard, check the cables to see if they look damaged in any way. If they look fine then you could try reconnecting them and using them to see if they still work.

Shanay Sharon

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
i will have a look tmrw mrn. the case is so badly designed at the front . its very difficult to actually follow the cables . if i wanted to actually bypass the front panel hw would i start the pc if i detach the cables ?. the on/off switch is on the front panel ?

Ok, some motherboards will have an "on" button which you could use, if yours doesn't then just leave the power cable attached and disconnect the microphone and headphone cables and check those for damage.

Kelthar

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
If you do test a headset/microphone, please test old ones (that you're sure work). If the port is burnt there's a slight possibility it'll send messed up signals to the headset, with a chance of completely ruining it.

Shanay Sharon

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
k. i disconnect the front panel wires . i did use the on/off switch on the front panel. there is no smoke coming out. i did not put the headphones back in though . i do have a suspicion that myb the right fan controller burnt out because i noticed there is a white block(looks like heatsink) that is loose and pulls away from the underside of the front panel whereas the one on the left is firmly in place ......