RAM Bios Settings

perrox

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Greetings,
I am needing some advice on what to set my RAM as in my Bios settings. I have 16GB(4 sticks of 4) of Vengeance 1600MHz. As its probably happened to many, my MOBO (Gigabyte 990FX-A) defaulted it to 1333MHz. I manually changed it to 1600MHZ by setting the XMB to Profile 1. I have a 460W power supply but have not noticed any issues what so ever after I made this change but i am worried about long term possible damage. I would really appreciate any feedback on weather I should need to make any additional tweaks regarding Voltage and any other possible settings. Thank you much in advance.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
What CPU? first thought is regardless of CPU, with 4 sticks and AMD's weak MCs (memory controllers) it often takes an increase to the MC voltage, try taking it up + 0.10, then if no joy, also take the DRAM voltage up 0.05.....let us know what happens and also what your CPU is and the OC if any, then can be a little more precise

perrox

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Thank you for the response. My CPU is AMD FX 6100 at 3.3(no OC), I have not seen any issues this far but my general concern is do I need to be preemptive here and make adjustments now so I don't run into issues in the future. Thanks again.

perrox

Honorable
Oct 9, 2013
Slight problem my Bios is not allowing me to make changes everything is set to Auto without the ability to change it. The DRAM voltage is set to 1.500V and Im not sure where to locate the MC one you mentioned.