HTC Rumored to be in Takeover Talks with Lenovo

Status
Not open for further replies.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
That would be great news for both parties actually. Consideribg price and quality of Lenovo smartphones, I'm all in for Lenovo's take over
Currently running a Lenovo P780 myself which i got for less than $230

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Only 2 players in the market: Apple and Samsung
Sony has decayed as a company
Lenovo, Dell, HP have struggled to make any product with traction in the market
Asus and Acer aren't making any inroads
HTC is struggling
Sanyo is near gone
Sharp is dying
Panasonic is falling to their grave
Nokia is on life-support
RIM decapitated

Either both (Lenovo and HTC) are prolonging their struggles or can be a viable third option

G

I don't see Sony nor Panasonic no where near death same goes to Nokia.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
DeizelVolt
I don't see Sony nor Panasonic no where near death same goes to Nokia.

10-20 years ago no one would have thought these companies (Sony, Panasonic, Nokia) would be reduced to 10-20% of what they once were. Natural cycle of business once a company gets too big and complacent.

Nokia being bought out at a fraction of their value 10 years ago, and eventually will be cannibalized by MSFT. MSFT and Google will continue to release products under Nokia and Motorola brands for a few years. After a while those names won't be heard again.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
companies like Lenovo is one of the very few phone maker that actually understand the importance of battery life over extra useless CPU cores. Lenovo phones have 4000mah battery, not many phones out there have these.

shortbus25

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I would own a Lenovo phone in a heart beat! They already make the best business class laptops in the world!! This would be a awesome move for them and HTC may even make me stop buying Motorola phones!!

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Levono would bring somethign to the table immediatly that HTC lacks... they like and work to help thier customers. My wife has a evo 4g 3d and it is on 4.0 because that was the android OS out at the time. Another friend has an Evo 4g with 2.3 becasue that is what it came with at the time.... they do not update thier phones they just leave them for the users to either risk bricking thier devices or buy a new phone and somehow thought people would do just that... buy a enw phone for a new OS. Levono on the other hand is zippy abotu those updates. Heck on one of my tabelt a K1 it came with 3.0 honeycomb and got 2 updates to 3.1 and 3.2 right when they came out, hten when they announced they were no longer updating the tablet when 4.0 came out the released one last gift to thier customers a factory root kit, dev tools and 4.0 so you can yourself keep upgrading it if you wanted it, now that is my kind of company!

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Well, HTC has build very good devices... and they update firmware fairly.. on the other hand.. LENOVO... is known for NO FIRMWARE UPDATES WHATSOEVER!!!
so... GOD FORBID an takeover or even an merge! It will end the reign of HTC over Samsung and Ishit...

Status
Not open for further replies.