Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 9, 2013 5:46:28 PM

CPU: AMD Phenon II X6 1090T
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB Windforce
PSU: Antec 650W
MOBO: GA-880GM-USB3 (BIOS v. 42303e31)
RAM: Corsair Vengence 2x8GB
SSD: Samsung SSD

There seems to be a number of problems, the following scenarios produce problems:
After the computer has been on for awhile, if I turn it off and attempt to turn it back on it will power everything up but not get past POST; sometimes it will turn on the screen. This has been achieved even without the graphics card in.

The main problem is performance, during the valley benchmark it often freezes while achieving a solid 60FPS on ultra (vsync on). I have some system indicators as an overlay, everything looks good with no bottleneck, temps are fine... CPU 60c, forget what the GPU was.

Also, if I leave the computer on and then run valley bench mark I get a really wide range of FPS, 15-60FPS with vsync on and 15-120FPS with vsync off. All indicators look fine (looking at, GPU usage, CPU usage per core, Ram usage, PSU Volts).

I'm interested to hear your thoughts, particularly wondering if it might have something to do with upgrading the mobo bios, or the CPU. I also reseated the CPU while troubleshooting to get past the POST... so currently there is hardly any thermal paste between the CPU and cooler, then again... CPU temp is always 55-65.

I had to do a lot of single part testing to get it past POST and didn't identify anything it just happened to work once I installed everything back together again.

October 9, 2013 6:00:56 PM

I should also add that I achieve this issue when on Ultra and Low settings. Same types of frames.
!